Like Us

Tuesday 26 September 2017

THE GIRL WHO'S BREAKING THE INTERNET BY TOPPING IN CSS EXAM

Dr. Rabia Riasat
13th overall Pakistan in CSS
4th in girls
DMG/PAS (Pakistan Administrative Group)
41st common
Since childhood my parents have been inculcating this thought into my mind that I have to become a doctor when I grow up. It was not only their wish, it was my dream as well. Aiming for that white coat, I started my journey. By the grace of Allah I have been an achiever, I secured 3rd position in matric in Lahore Board over all Punjab and went to Kinnaird College, Lahore on Scholarship for FSc pre-med. Then I entered my dream institution, AIMC.
Allah has always been kind. I graduated with distinction. I still miss those mesmerizing 5 years at AIMC. This institution has been the pillar of success in my life. During house-job I decided to go through CSS. I prepared and took the exam and by grace of Almighty I stood 13th all over Pakistan and 4th among girls. I was allocated the PAS group and currently I'm working as Assistant Commissioner.
The one incident that made me take this 180 degree turn from medical profession to CSS was when I had to visit office of secretary health with my other fellow doctors for some issue. We were treated like we are nothing and we were made to sit outside his office on a wooden bench which was under the sun and had no shelter for 4 hours. After a cumbersome wait of 4 hours we were told that secretary sahab is busy and he cannot meet us as he had to go to some official lunch and we were told to come some other day. At that day I realized the culture of our country. No one pays respect to doctors who give away their own lives for saving others but all salutes are for the power corridors consisting of big bureaucrats and politicians. At that day I decides that "if I cannot beat them I will join them" and when I will reach this place no doctor would have to sit outside my office and would face humiliation and I will try to revive the respect and position of doctors as much as I can.
Civil service is a life changing experience. PAS is the prestigious and elite group of the Pakistan Bureaucracy and Allah has been kind enough to make me join this group. I have been given many chances to serve the ailing humanity.
But I still miss the white coat and guess what I just gave the march PLAB and cleared it as well. I hope Allah will help me in balancing both the fields.
Civil service and medicine both professions are near to my heart . Can't think of choosing one and leaving other.
Rabia Riasat
Allama Iqbal Medical College

0 comments:

Post a Comment